When visiting web pages, information is collected by your Internet Browser (Internet Explorer/Firefox/Netscape). If you do not want others knowing which websites you have visited, the following information may be useful.
Please note that advanced users may still be able to track the websites you have been to even if you do follow the procedures outlined below. If this is a concern you may prefer to browse the Internet at your local Library or an Internet Café.
- Open Internet Explorer
- Select the “Tools” button at the top of the screen then “Internet Options”
- Select the “Delete Files” button in the “Temporary Internet Files” section
- Make sure “Delete all offline content” is checked and click “OK”
- Select the “Delete Cookies” button in the “Temporary Internet Files” section and click “OK”
- Select the “Clear History” button in the “History” section and click “YES”
- Click on “OK”
For a more in depth look at ways to keep web visits private the following sites may be useful:
Internet Explorer – Deleting History and Typed URLs
Internet Explorer – Clearing History
Internet Explorer and Netscape – Browser cache and history